Introducing our new student workshop, titled, The Impact of Alcohol on Consent.
This 50-minute workshop is designed for year 11 and year 12 students, and explores the following topics:
- Active consent communication, including verbal and non-verbal cues
- The complexities of assumed, implied, or inferred consent
- The problem with consent as only an ‘enthusiastic yes’
- Cultural consent cues associated with alcohol use and binge drinking
- The impact of alcohol on perceptions of sexual interest, communication and gendered sexual scripts
This workshop offers an interesting critique of the cultural norms surrounding young people, intoxication and consent.
We recommend facilitation of this workshop prior to occasions such as school formals, significant sporting events, and/or Schoolies Week which are recognised as times of high risk for sexual violence.
$960 (exc. GST) Please note, this workshop is facilitated to one year level per session.